As pioneers in the field of UHV technology, Vacgen’s focus on innovation, reliability and quality has helped great minds take great leaps forward. Products from VACGEN are widely used by the world’s leading Universities and research institutions, from NASA and the European Space Agency to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
At our new, purpose-built manufacturing facility near Hailsham, East Sussex we have entered an exciting new phase in our development as we embark on an ambitious expansion programme. We are always interested in hearing from talented, flexible and ambitious individuals to join our team. If you have manufacturing or engineering experience then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer 25 days holiday, company pension, life insurance, flexible working hours with a 1200hrs finish on a Friday, a state of the art working environment, a great benefits package and a competitive salary.
Responsible for measuring, inspecting, testing and validating various components and assemblies to specification. Recording information to drive improvement in quality performance and identifying root cause to prevent future failures. To be the champion for maintaining quality standards across the business from goods receipt through to customer delivery and providing feedback and data to raise standards.• Experience working to ISO 9001.
• Have at least 3 years’ experience working in a machine shop or similar manufacturing environment and possess a good understanding of Quality and Process management tools and methodology. Examples including 5S/6S, flowcharts, VSM, Kaizen, Pareto, QCPC, SPC, AQL, FMEA, 8D, Cause & Effect, Ishikawa, 5 whys etc.
• Experience with a range of metrology equipment, typically used in machine shop environments.
• Able to read and understand technical drawings and engineering specifications.
• Knowledge in welding and fabrication processes
Responsible for defining and managing the quality of all Vacgen products, associated processes and personnel. Improving quality in line with customer expectations and industry standards whilst reducing the Total Cost of Quality. Managing the Quality Management System (QMS), ensuring ongoing development, accreditation and compliance to ISO9001. Extensive experience of managing and implementing ISO 9001 and QMS. Ten years’ experience working in a similar manufacturing environment and possess a good understanding of using Quality and Process management tools and methodology. Responsible for leading Health and Safety for the business and instigating a program of change to achieve a zero-accident culture whilst ensuring compliance with all H&S legislation.
• Extensive experience of managing and implementing ISO 9001 and QMS.
• A good understanding of using Quality and Process management tools and methodology, including 5S/6S, flowcharts, VSM, Kaizen, Pareto, QCPC, SPC, AQL, FMEA, 8D, Cause & Effect, Ishikawa, 5 whys etc
• Qualified to ONC/HNC level in Engineering/Manufacturing or relevant Quality professional qualification.
• Health & Safety Qualification to IOSH, NEBOSH, Diploma standard